BEAR, or Battlefield Extraction Assist Robot, is a humanoid (or maybe bearmanoid) hydraulic torso on tank treads. It can lift 227 kg (500 lb), karate-chop through doors, and rescue wounded soldiers.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
If it needs to get taller, BEAR can unfold its tracks and balance on them.
BEAR has cute ears in order to appear more user friendly.
- Capable of lifting and carrying a person and manipulating large and heavy objects, boxes, and crates, as well as fragile items.
- 195.6 cm | 77 in (standing)
- N/A cm | N/A in
- 91.5 cm | 36 in
- 181.4 kg | 399.9 lb
- 21.6 km/h | 13.4 mph (max)
- Cameras, joint force sensors, laser range finders, structured light sensors, microphones, GPS.
- Hydraulic and electric actuators.
- Lithium-polymer battery powers a hydraulic pump.
- Two computers
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 20 (Manipulator: 6 DoF x 2; Leg: 4 DoF x 2)
- Aluminum, steel, and composites.