Kobra is a rugged, remote control robot designed to search for explosives and carry out reconnaissance missions. It rolls on tank-like treads, and its manipulator arm can lift heavy payloads.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
In 2011, several Kobras were sent to Japan to assist at the Fukushima nuclear plant.
The Kobra can carry PackBots on its back and stand up on its tracks to deliver them through windows.
- Capable of carrying up to 68 kg (150 lb) of sensor payloads. Able to lift up to 150 kg (330 lb) payloads with its manipulator.
- 45.7 cm | 18 in (stowed); 300 cm | 118 in (with arm extended)
- 91.4 cm | 36 in
- 70.6 cm | 27.8 in
- 226.8 kg | 500 lb (with arm installed)
- 12.9 km/h | 8 mph (max)
- Camera, IMU, and optional sensors.
- 12 Bren-Tronics BB-2590/U military-grade lithium-ion batteries, 4 to 10 hours of operation
- Aware 2 software
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)