The Mavic 2 is an advanced camera drone equipped with obstacle-avoidance sensors and capable of shooting 4K video and up to 20-megapixel photos. It has a variety of autonomous flying modes and can identify and track subjects in movement.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Mavic 2 has a number of autonomous shooting modes, including Rocket, Boomerang, Circle, Dronie, Helix, Asteroid, and Dolly Zoom.
In ActiveTrack mode, the Mavic 2 can identify up to 16 objects for you to consider tracking, and it uses different strategies to follow people, vehicles, and boats.
The Zoom model shoots 12-megapixel photos, but it has a super resolution feature that uses optical zoom to capture and stitch together nine photographs, creating a detailed 48-megapixel image.
- Pro version equipped with Hasselblad L1D-20c camera, 4K video, 20-megapixel photos, 1-inch CMOS sensor; Zoom version equipped with 4K video, 12-megapixel photos, 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor camera, 24-48mm optical zoom, 4x lossless zoom. Three-axis gimbal (tilt, roll, pan). Sensors on all sides for automatic obstacle detection and avoidance. Bottom light for low-light safe landings. Foldable design. Low noise propellers. Return to home function.
- 8.4 cm | 3.3 in
- 32.2 cm (unfolded); 21.4 cm (folded) cm | 12.6 in (unfolded); 8.4 in (folded) in
- 24.2 cm (unfolded); 9.1 cm (folded) cm | 9.5 in (unfolded); 3.6 cm (folded) in
- 0.9 kg | 2 lb
- 72 km/h | 44.7 mph (max speed). Max ascent speed: 5 m/s (S-mode), 4 m/s (P-mode). Max descent speed: 3 m/s (S-mode and P-mode).
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing. Six cameras on nose, rear, and underside for forward, backward, and downward vision. Two cameras on each side for lateral vision (Active Track or Tripod Model only). Two 3D infrared modules on upper and underside for upward and downward sensing system. CMOS imaging sensor (Pro: 1-inch, Zoom: 1/2.3-inch). GPS and GLONASS for positioning.
- Four brushless propulsion motors and three brushless gimbal motors. Custom DJI design.
- 3850-mAh lithium-polymer 4S battery, up to 31 minutes of operation
- Custom control and computing module; 8 GB of internal storage; supports microSD card (UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating)
- DJI Go 4 App (mobile), DJI Assistant 2 (desktop). Remote controller with OcuSync long-range transmission up to 8 kilometers.
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- Engineering plastic
- $1,449 (Mavic 2 Pro), $1,249 (Mavic 2 Zoom)