Explorer Snake-arm Robot
The Explorer snake-arm robot is a flexible manipulator designed to operate in confined spaces or hazardous environments. You can attach cameras and tools to its head, including high-powered lasers, water jets, grippers, and sensors.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Snake-arm robots are often used for inspection tasks, in areas ranging from the inside of aircraft wings to nuclear power plants.
The powerful laser that OC Robotics attached to its snake-arm robot can cut through metal up to 100-mm thick.
- Modular design with different diameters and length configurations. Equipped with independently controlled joints, diameters down to 10 mm and payloads of up to 20 kg.
- N/A cm | N/A in
- 250 cm | 100 in
- 10 cm | 5 in
- 10 kg | 22 lb
- N/A km/h | N/A mph
- Cameras. Other sensors optional.
- Up to 48 brushless DC motors
- 110-V to 240-V AC power supply
- Control and simulation unit
- Windows OS. Custom software.
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 32 (Each link: 2 DoF x up to 16 links)
- Metal links with metal or carbon fiber skin.