Olivia is a humanoid robot designed to test social robotics technologies. It's currently used as an office receptionist that can greet visitors and provide information.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Olivia's head appears to float over a ring of light.
The first version couldn't move, but its creators plan to mount the chatty robot on a mobile base.
- Capable of displaying emotions, including happiness and sadness. Equipped with speech recognition and synthesis and 3D sound localization.
- 160 cm | 63 in
- 85 cm | 33.5 in
- 65 cm | 25.6 in
- 152 kg | 335.1 lb
- N/A km/h | N/A mph
- Point Grey Bumblebee stereo camera, DVN1501 camera, eight microphones for sound localization, four microphones for speech detection, Hokuyo URG-04LX laser range finder.
- Harmonic drive servo actuators
- 24-V 90-Ah lead-acid batteries
- Intel 2.8 GHz Core i7 processor and 1.2 GHz Atom processor.
- Windows XP and Linux
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 26 (Neck: 2 DoF; Shoulder: 3 DoF x 2; Elbow: 1 DoF x 2; Wrist: 2 DoF x 2; Hand: 6 DoF x 2)
- ABS plastic exterior