How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Photon has met German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Polish president Andrzej Duda, and William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Secret feature alert! Press each of the five crystals on the cave in chapter 5 of the app and see what happens.
About 50 robots were damaged during testing to make sure Photon could survive treatment such as being run off tables or down stairs.
- Light, touch, sound, and obstacle detection. Photon to Photon communication. Three programming applications.
- 19 cm | 7.5 in
- 17 cm | 6.7 in
- 17.2 cm | 6.8 in
- 0.69 kg | 1.5 lb
- 1.5 km/h | 0.9 mph (max)
- Head: Light and touch sensors. Body: time-of-flight laser sensor, sound sensor, accelerometer, rotary encoders, IR receivers.
- Brushed DC motors
- 2600-mAh lithium-ion battery, 8 hours of operation
- Custom controller based on ARM-Cortex M3 microcontroller
- Custom microcontroller software
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- Polycarbonate, thermoplastic elastomer, ABS plastic