Pleo is a cute little robot dinosaur that acts like a living pet. It explores, learns, makes dinosaur noises, munches on (plastic) leaves, and demands that you give it your total, exclusive, unfettered attention.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Pleo is designed to emulate the appearance and behavior of a week-old baby Camarasaurus.
Pleo was designed by Caleb Chung, who also helped invent the Furby.
- Skin pattern modeled after that of a real Camarasaurus. Able to change its behavior over time and interact with other Pleos nearby.
- 17.8 cm | 7 in
- 50.8 cm | 20 in
- 12.7 cm | 5 in
- 1.6 kg | 3.5 lb
- 0.8 km/h | 0.5 mph
- Color camera, infrared transmitter/receiver, temperature sensor, RFID reader, two microphones, ground foot sensors, orientation and motion sensor, touch sensors (head, chin, cheeks, shoulder, back, and thigh).
- 14 motors
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Seven CPUs, two speakers, USB port, and SD card.
- Life OS software platform controls sensors, actuators, and AI systems. SDK allows users to modify the robot's behavior.
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- Skin made of soft thermoplastic elastomer material.
- $469 (Pleo rb, released 2011)