QB is a remote presence robot that you can control over the Internet from anywhere in the world. You drive it around and are able to see what it sees, talk with people, and look like a tall, skinny alien.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
The mother of video game entrepreneur Richard Garriott used a QB to attend his wedding in Paris in 2011; the robot was decked out in a cardboard cutout of mom.
QB has a laser cannon in one of its eyes. It's a pointing device.
QB has been used to order scones from a coffee shop in downtown Mountain View, but a teleoperable robotic mouth is not yet operational.
- Equipped with a dynamic self-balancing mobile base, 4G connectivity, and a laser pointer. Adjustable height up to 1.87 m (6'2").
- 183 cm | 72 in (max); 76 cm | 30 in (min)
- 35.6 cm | 14 in
- 45.7 cm | 18 in
- 14.5 kg | 32 lb
- 11.26 km/h | 7 mph (max)
- Two cameras, three microphones, LIDAR, gyroscope.
- Two DC motors
- Lithium-ion batteries, 6 to 8 hours of operation
- Intel CPU
- FreeBSD OS
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- Carbon fiber, sheet metal.