How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Qbo can recognize itself in a mirror, and it is also clever enough to recognize when it's looking at another Qbo instead.
This "mirror test" of self-awareness is also passed by humans older than 18 months, as well as most apes, elephants, dolphins, orcas, and some corvids.
- Capable of navigating autonomously, recognizing and synthesizing speech, and tracking faces and objects. Has autonomous and teleoperation modes.
- 45.6 cm | 18 in
- 29.3 cm | 11.5 in
- 31.4 cm | 12.4 in
- 11 kg | 24.3 lb
- 3.6 km/h | 2.2 mph
- Three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer, one infrared distance sensor, two ultrasound obstacle sensors.
- Two DC motors to power wheels, two servomotors for head movement, and two servomotors for eyebrow movement.
- 10-Ah lithium-iron-phosphate battery, 2.5 hours of operation
- Mini ITX motherboard with Intel Core i3, GPU, and Wi-Fi.
- OpenQbo, a Linux-based OS with ROS integrated, and Qbo applications.
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 4 (Wheels: 2 DoF; Head: 2 DoF)
- Hard plastic exterior, metal chassis and bearings.