RVR is a fast and nimble mobile robot shaped like an all-terrain tank. It's designed as a programmable platform for beginners, students, and hobbyists. You can drive it manually and program autonomous behaviors out of the box. You can also expand the robot using additional hardware.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
The robot's name is pronounced either "R-V-R" or "rover."
Sphero says RVR is a "platform for hackers, educators, and mad scientists alike."
RVR has an expansion port designed to work with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and other programmable boards.
Electronics supplier SparkFun will create exclusive electronic kits designed specifically to fit on top of RVR.
Sphero has shipped over 4 million robots.
- Controller uses high-resolution encoders, 9-axis IMU, and proprietary algorithms to drive perfectly straight, as well as turn and stop with high accuracy. Balanced center of gravity, wide stance for stability, mounting plate, removable protective rollcage. Payload of about 0.9 kilograms (2 pounds).
- 11.4 cm | 4.5 in (2 cm body clearance)
- 18.5 cm | 7.3 in
- 21.6 cm | 8.5 in
- 1 kg | 2.2 lb
- 7.2 km/h | 4.5 mph
- Current-draw sensor, full 9-axis IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer), ambient light sensor, high-resolution 20-pole magnetic encoders, IR sensors, RGB sensors with normalizing LED and focus lens.
- Two compact DC motors with gearboxes (22.5:1 gear ratio) and steel-reinforced axles.
- Removable, rechargeable battery, with up to 2 hours of operation (depending on use). USB-C charging. 5-V 2.1-A USB-A output to power additional devices.
- Control board with 5-V 2.1-A USB-A power and data. Four-pin UART expansion port (RX, TX, GND, 5V, with 3.3V signals), compatible with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, and more. Ten individually addressable RGB LEDs.
- Programmable with Sphero Edu app. Open SDK, and third-party integration libraries for Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and BBC micro:bit.
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- $200 (On Kickstarter. Shipping to customers in October 2019.)