R1 is an autonomous camera drone that can track and follow a person or vehicle while capturing high-quality video and nimbly avoiding obstacles. It uses AI algorithms and 13 cameras for real-time navigation and subject tracking.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
R1 uses simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) to construct and update a map of an environment, and keep track of a person's location within it.
R1 uses deep-learning algorithms to detect and avoid obstacles like tree branches.
R1 can fly gracefully around obstacles because it's constantly planning into the future based on its 3D understanding of the world and a subject's movements.
- 4K video capture. Hands-free operation with autonomous flight, tracking of people or vehicles, and dense obstacle avoidance.
- 3.8 cm | 1.5 in
- 33 cm | 13 in
- 40 cm | 15.8 in
- 1 kg | 2.2 lb
- 40 km/h | 25 mph
- 12 navigation cameras for omnidirectional vision. One user video camera. Four inertial measurement units. GPS and barometer.
- 4 motors
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer batteries, 16 minutes of flight time
- NVIDIA Jetson TX1 with quad-core ARM CPUs, 4 GB RAM, and 256 CUDA cores (1 teraflops of performance)
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- Carbon fiber (rotor guards), aluminum (fuselage)
Skydio Announces SDK to Make World's Cleverest Drone Even, Cleverer
Now you can leverage Skydio R1’s amazing obstacle avoidance in your own applications
Thu, September 06, 2018
Skydio Demonstrates Incredible Obstacle-Dodging Full Autonomy With New R1 Consumer Drone
The Skydio R1 is years ahead of just about any other autonomous drone we've ever seen
Tue, February 13, 2018
Skydio's Camera Drone Finally Delivers on Autonomous Flying Promises
This prototype drone can follow a cyclist down a forest trail, which is a skill we've never seen demonstrated before
Mon, March 21, 2016