Telenoid is a robotic communications device. You connect to the robot over the Net, and it will transmit your voice and mimic your face and head motions. It's like a mobile phone shaped like an alien.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
Telenoid was designed by Hiroshi Ishiguro, who also designed the Geminoid robots.
Telenoid will reportedly be on sale for $8,000. The research version is $35,000.
- Minimal design with body intended to appear either male or female, old or young.
- 80 cm | 31.5 in
- N/A cm | N/A in
- 30 cm | 11.8 in
- 5 kg | 11 lb
- N/A km/h | N/A mph
- Camera, two microphones.
- Nine servomotors
- External DC power supply
- On-board ARM7 CPU for motor control. External PC for teleoperation.
- Custom teleoperation system
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 12 (Eye: 3 DoF x 2; Mouth: 1 DoF; Neck: 3 DoF; Arm: 1 DoF x 2)
- Plastic skull, metal skeleton, urethane foam filling, and silicone or soft vinyl skin.