TIAGo is a mobile service robot designed to work in indoor environments. It has an extendable torso and a manipulator arm to grab tools and objects. Its sensor suite allows it to perform a wide range of perception, manipulation, and navigation tasks.
How do you like this robot?
Rate this robot's appearance
Would you want to have this robot?
Did You Know?
TIAGo stands for "take it and go."
For one research project, the robot autonomously assisted elderly people at home for 10 weeks.
TIAGo is used by teams participating in competitions including European Robotics League, RoboCup, and World Robot Summit.
TIAGo is fully ROS-based and its Unified Robot Description Format (URDF) model and controllers are open source and available for free at PAL's Github repository (https://github.com/pal-robotics).
- Arm is capable of lifting payloads of up to 3kg when fully stretched. Torso can lift. Pan-tilt head. Fully ROS enabled. Mapping and localization in unstructured indoor environments. Path planning with self-collision avoidance. Multi-language text-to-speech, facial and speech recognition. Telepresence and teleoperation with joystick or leap motion sensor. Pick and place, grasping, and dexterous manipulation. Interchangeable plug and play end-effectors. Arm learns by demonstation. Customizable hardware and software. Laptop tray.
- 110 cm | 43.3 in (145 cm | 57 in fully extended)
- N/A cm | N/A in
- N/A cm | N/A in
- 70 kg | 154 lb
- 3.6 km/h | 2.2 mph
- Force-torque sensor on wrist. Customizable laser and sonar sensors, inertial measurement unit (IMU), RGB-D camera, two microphone arrays. Touchscreen and fingertips sensors (optional).
- Nine brushless DC motors and eight brushed DC motors
- 36-V, 20-Ah battery: one battery, 4 to 5 hours of operation, or two batteries, 8 to 10 hours of operation
- Intel Core i7
- Ubuntu Linux OS, ROS LTS, OROCOS, Gazebo simulation and URDF model, ros_control, MoveIt!
- DEGREES OF FREEDOM (DOF)
- 12 (Torso lift: 1 DoF; Arm 7 DoF; Mobile Base: 2 DoF; Head: 2 DoF. Optional end-effector can add additional DoF. Gripper: 2 DoF; Hey5 Hand: 19 DoF, 3 actuated)
- €29,000 to 59,000 (depending on specifications)